Wednesday, May 12, 2010

eCommunication

Communication is a very important component of one’s life; it is one of the ways that humans interact with one another. With the advance of technology, communication is no longer limited to face-to-face or telephone-based interactions; it has now evolved into internet-based interactions as well. People can now communicate with others through blogs, e-mails, and many other internet-based social networking websites such as facebook and twitter.

With the availability of blogs which further extended my interaction with the others from the same class, I learned even more about the subject matter. It not only provided me with a chance to network with others but it also gave me an insight of how others think about the various activities done in class. I felt that it is beneficial to communicate with others online because it is easier than striking up a conversation with a stranger face-to-face.

Blogging about the activities done in class encouraged me to think about what went on during class and helped me to better remember the details. It also helped me to think about the purpose of these activities and further understand the subject covered in class.

With the accessibility to other people’s blogs, I’ve learned about their perceptions on the class activities as well and what these activities meant for them as compared to me. Nevertheless, through Prof K’s blogs which introduced other management topics not mentioned in class, I realized that there are many more things to learn about this subject than those discussed in class and they encouraged to read more about it.

Also, by gaining control of 20% of my grade, it made the grading process more predictable which eased my anxiety a bit. It took away some of my anxiety about getting a good grade in this class because I know I can easily control a fraction of my grade. I do plan to continue posting my thoughts and ideas about school, work, and life after this class ended because by sharing these thoughts and learning about other people’s ideas, I feel connected with the rest of the world.

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you that communication is very important. Nowadays communication is so much easier with these different mediums to choose from. It was definitely a worthwhile component of this course and the best part of it is that it's worth 20% of our grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Communication is really important, and I feel the same about how this blog offers more insight than what we see in class. And I am so glad to hear that this blogging assignment is worth 20% of our grade, because I'm a horrble test taker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the blog is the best part of our 20% grade which it is easy to control and earn. The blog is also a good way to communicate with other people that we don’t talk much during the classes. It gives us better understanding for our class activities and knows about other people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Often during the semester, students are uncertain as how their final grade would come out. The blogging assignment allowed us to be certain about a important 20 % of our grade. By completing your blog post on time you had that 20% taken care of and you could now just worry about the remaining 80% coming from midterms and finals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the most important part of this blogging assignment is that you get to control 20% of your grade. It is so refreshing to have some control of your grade that does not rely on exams or papers. I like the fact that if I do what is expected of me in terms of the blog I will see an improvement in my grade. I also agree with you that it helps me think of the assignments after the class is over and helps me learn even more from my fellow classmates. I look forward to reading your posts in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your theory. Communication is very important in a person character trait. With communication, a person isnt able to tell someone what they are feeling or what they are seeing

    ReplyDelete